Best price guns
Nowadays, it is kind of rare to go to a store that does not have an electronic pricing system, which is why it has been a while since I have not seen a price gun. I remember playing with these when I was a child, but now I only see them in small boutiques.
A price gun is some sort of device that allows you to affix price labels on various items. It is a pretty basic device, and since it uses stamps and an ink roller, there is no electronic component involved. It can display information such as price, units of measurement, tracking numbers, date, the name of the store, and a few other things. While the old price guns came with a few simple symbols, these days, the best price guns can do so much more than that.
Is the price gun actually useful?
If you are like me, then you may have made a funny face. I think it is because price guns are old-school. Apparently, stores still use them, and there are several reasons why.
- They are simple to use – using a price gun could not be more straightforward. You just dial the information you need on the label and then move the gun over the item you wish to label. It may be an efficient means of data communication, but it is a pretty basic device. There is absolutely nothing tricky about it. A 4-year old could use it.
- They are an efficient alternative to barcodes – barcode scanners may be too expensive for some small businesses, which is why price guns sound a whole lot better and cheaper. So, instead of having the employees make the labels by hand, business owners buy a price gun, and the problem is fixed. Creating a tag for every single item in a store, however small it may be, can take a while, and it is an unbelievable waste of resources. Not to mention that you do not have to pick someone with nice handwriting to do the price tags. Everyone can do it.
- They do not break easily – price guns are analog, which means that there are no electronic components. Since that is the case, breaking a price gun is virtually impossible. Except, of course, when you smash it against a wall. The device requires some maintenance for a more extended lifespan and nice-looking labels, but other than that, there are very few things that could go wrong. Imagine that the most common issue with price guns is that the tags get jammed, or they do not come out smoothly.
- Your customers will have a better experience – maybe it happened to you as well to go to a store, take a product off the shelf, but there would be no price tag on it. Sometimes these things happen, but with a price gun, you can put a label on every single item. That way, customers will know at all times how much money they are going to be charged at the check-out. It may seem like a small detail, but for people who are interested in that kind of thing, it can make a considerable difference. Chances of them coming back to your store will increase. A price gun is cheap, so it is a good investment.
While there are a few advantages, there is one disadvantage as well. At least I see one. It seems that people are not crazy about the price tags themselves. I think it happened to you as well. You know, to buy a product with a price tag stuck to it. That would not be an issue if the label would come off quickly, but it does not. It is actually quite stubborn. However, the good news is that modern price guns have removable or dissolvable labels, which is pretty great. I love those. I bought some glasses that had those tags on them. I just put them in the sink, let the water run, and they came right off.
Are price guns challenging to maintain?
You would think that since the device is analog, you would not have issues on this chapter. There are not many issues, to be honest, and a price gun can keep its integrity for years to come. However, there are a few tricks you need to know in order to keep it running smoothly.
The first thing on the list is that you should always be careful with the price gun. Sure, it is analog, and there are no circuits you can break, but that does not mean you have to ‘abuse’ it. After all, there may not be electronic components, but there are a lot of tiny pieces that can fly off if you do not handle the gun with care. The most common incident is that users drop it. It can happen to anyone. To avoid that, you can use a wrist strap. That should prevent further accidents.
The second trick is to have it fixed as fast as possible. When an incident occurs, however rare that may be, you should have it fixed as soon as you have the chance. If you do not have the skill, let someone who does do it. Analog devices have what we like the call the domino effect. If something is wrong, soon after you will have two or more issues because of the first one. The point is that if you leave it to work inadequately, the price tag will end up having a problem even more difficult to solve.
Thirdly, always buy high-quality supplies. The manufacturer usually makes recommendations as to what supplies to use. The idea is to use the price gun as it was designed to. Otherwise, you can end up with a faulty price gun. Also, before loading the price gun with the said supplies, make sure that they are in excellent conditions. That ensures a smooth operation.
Another trick is to avoid refilling the ink pad yourself. You can give it a try if you are handy, but think of the fact that an ink roller is very cheap. Changing the ink yourself may lead to a problem that costs you more to fix than a new ink pad.
Lastly, use the price gun on adequate surfaces. Usually, labels will not stick to dirty surfaces, and wet materials are out of the question as well. Also, if you need labels for some particular materials such as rubber or concrete, you should know that there are special tags for them. That should solve the ‘non-stick’ problem.
What are the best price guns?
If you are in the market for the best price gun, then you have come to the right place. Below you will find three excellent products that will prove to be most useful in your store. They are all vetted by people who have already bought them, and I think you will be satisfied no matter which one you choose.
Metronic MX5500 EOS 8 Digits Rice Tag Gun Labeler
If you are looking for a cheap price gun, this is the one you want. It is not as expensive as the next two products, but if you are on a budget, the Metronic will do just fine. As long as you maintain it correctly, you should be able to use it for a few years. The package includes a price label gun, a roll of sticker price tags, and one additional ink refill cartridge. I would say that you get plenty for under $10.
While it is cheap, the Metronic price gun is highly functional. The number slots for numerical values is up to 8 digits, and the device also includes symbols as ‘$’, ‘.’, ‘-‘, ‘/’, and other currency signs. As you can notice, it is incredibly versatile, and you can label almost anything. The supplies are easy to track down, and the manufacturer provides all the required information so that you use exactly the supplies that make the price gun run smoothly.
The Metronic price gun is very easy to use. The numbers and the symbols are easy to select. You need to use a dialer, and the manual will teach you how. There is no assembly required. The supplies are easy to change and install, and refilling the labels is a child’s play. I think that you will be satisfied with this price gun.
Perco Label Monarch 1131 Pricing Gun with Labels Starter Kit
The Monarch from Perco label is a bit pricier than the previous product. However, it will be worth the investment. Instead of a single product, you will get an entire kit that includes the 1131 price gun, and inker, 10 thousand pricing labels, and of course, a manual that will teach how to use the gun and how to replace the supplies.
One of the reasons why this price gun is so pricey is that it is made of materials of the highest-quality. It is made in the States, and it is built to last. The printout is simple, fast, and very easy to use. Just what your customers need. You can use it for unit and case pricing, as well as for date coding.
The labels you are getting have a strong adhesive that sticks firmly to the product you want to label. The labels themselves, while they hold tightly, they are easy to remove once the customer buys the product. Just some warm water will wash it off. The price gun is easy to load, and the manufacturer recommends that you purchase only Perco labels so that the device will work properly for an extended period of time.
Monarch 925082 Pricemarker
Last but not least, the price gun from Monarch is yet another product that should satisfy your needs perfectly. A lot of people turned their back on cheap price guns for the Monarch, and they claim it was the best decision ever. It is true that you spend a few dollars extra when you buy it, but in the long run, you actually save money because you buy a high-quality product that will last for years.
The model from Monarch comes preloaded with a patented inking system. The mechanism will save as much ink as possible, but at the same time, the labels are printed clearly. All you have to do is dial the characters you want on the price tag and go about your business. One thing that may seem inconvenient is that the device does not print alphanumerical characters. Only digits are available. As for the number of characters, there are 16 of them. Along with the numbers from 0 to 9, there are a few standard symbols.
The Monarch 925082 price gun is very easy to use. The characters are changed with the help of dials. You receive a roll of labels, as well as some extra ink. The manual will teach you how to use the price gun, and you should have an easy time using it.
It is tricky to make a choice between three excellent products, but there will always be one that is the best. In my case, I choose the Monarch 925082 Pricemarker. It has a medium price, although some people may agree that the price is high. However, the quality is unquestionable, and you should enjoy it for many years to come. I think it is one of the best rice guns you can find in this price range.
It used to be a real pleasure playing with price guns when we were little, but the fact is that they are very useful when they are used for the purpose they were created for. They will help you label all the products in your store, and no matter which one you choose, I am sure you will be happy with your decision. Click here to buy on Amazon
- Choosing Monarch Label Gun
- Monarch Price Gun – an Overview
- Garvey Price Gun Features
- The Basics of Price Tag Machine
- Why Absolutely Everybody Is Talking About Clothing Tag Gun and What You Should Do
- Buying Price Label
- The Bad Side of Price Gun Labels
- Practical Strategies for Tagging Gun You Can Use Immediately
- A History of Meto Price Gun Refuted
- Vital Pieces of Price Guns and Labels
- What Is So Fascinating About Cheap Pricing Guns and Labels?
- What Arms Dealers Online Is – and What it Is Not
- The Price Gun Supplies Diaries
- Retail Pricing Gun: No Longer a Mystery
- The Chronicles of the Price Gun Store
- Reported News on Buy Arms Online Discovered
- A Neutral Perspective on Price Gun Price
- What You Must Know About Price Tagging Gun and Why
- The New Fuss About Price Label Gun
- The Best Price Guns Online Game
- The Most Incredibly Overlooked Answer for Price Gun for Sale
- Purchasing Price Guns Online
- Getting the Best Low Price Guns for Sale
- The Never Before Told Story About Used Gun Safes You Must Read or Be Left Out
- Things You Won’t Like About the Price Gun Shop and Things You Will
- The Key to Successful Price Gun Labels
- The Bizarre Secret of Price Label
- The Forbidden Facts About Price Stickers Exposed by an Expert
- One of the Most Incredibly Neglected Options for Cheap Price Guns
- Whatever They Told You About Price Gun Store Is Dead Wrong…And Here’s Why
- Notes on Used Gun Safes for Sale in an Easy to Follow Manner
- Brief Article Teaches You the Ins and Outs of Label Gun and What You Should Do Today
- The Meaning of Price Gun Shop
- Finding the Best Low Price Guns
- Price Gun – the Conspriracy